For the 2017-18 season this entry portal is the only way by which athletes can enter the Australian Athletics Championships in the open age group. Details of how the 2017-18 Nationals will work can be found here: http://www.athletics.com.au/Compete/Events/2018-australian-athletics-championships-nomination-trials-1
The new system requires athletes to enter through the Member Association (ie Athletics Tasmania) of which they are a first claim member, ie the state or territory they represent in national competitions. Accordingly:
1. Athletes should enter the portal by the entry point which relates to them as follows:
- for those entering ONLY an open [including under 23 eligibility) championship, you must enter through the OPEN EVENTS only entry point;
2. Athletes should NOT submit their entries until they are certain of all events they wish to enter. Feel free to begin work on the entries but do not submit until you are sure. The initial entry point covers the Athletics Athletics initial championships entry component ($20 per athlete). Athetes then pay $30 per event as an individual entry fee. There is no Athletics Tasmania levy for open athletes in 2018.
Once you have submitted and paid for your entries, if you have discovered you have made an error or there are exceptional circumstances whereby you need to delete, change or add an event, you will need to contact the AT office to request the changes be made manually. Because this may involve the complication payment of additional monies by EFT we wish to avoid this if at possible.
Unless there is a clear case of duplication no monies can or will be refunded once paid. In cases of duplication, request for the reversal of the payment must be made to the AT office within 24 hours before the payments system deducts fees etc.
Regardless no changes can be made or additional events entered after the cut-off date set by Athletics Australia which is Sunday 28 January 2018..
3. The entry fee for each Individual and combined event is $30. These fees together with the AA championships entry fee of $20 are paid by you through your credit card when you hit the submit button and forward your entries.
4. As the Tasmanian open 3000m steeplechase championships are held after the AA closing date for Nationals entries on 2 February 2018, any athlete who wishes to enter this event in the Nationals and whose only entry qualification for such entries would be a placing in the Tasmanian championships should enter such events provisionally BEFORE the closing date. In the event that the athlete does not qualify by placing in any event, the entry fee for that event only will be refundable.
5. RELAYS - please note that this entry portal should not be used for relay events or as an expression of interest for selection in the Tasmanian teams for the various relay events that will be conducted at the Nationals (which in 2018 includes open 4x100m and 4x400m relays). Please refer to the relevant Athletics Tasmania relay nomination and selection policy for precise detail. In summary:
Open relay teams will be managed and in due course confirmed by the AT Relay Manager. Athletes wishing to be considered for an open relay for the Nationals should contact the AT Relay Manager, Mike Gunson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that all open relay members must wear the Tasmanian Team competition uniform which will be provided by AT as stated in the AT selection criteria memo.
(c) Any athlete registered first claim with AT may express an interest to the AT Relay Manager for inclusion in an open relay team. Please note that in 2018 any athlete selected in a state relay team who is not eligible to enter an individual event either by entry time or by placing at the Nationals Qualification Meet at Penguin on 27/28 January is entitled to enter the 100m (if selected in the 4x100m) or 400m (if selected in the 4x400m).
6. Age Groups in 2018 - subject always to the relevant Athletics Australia Regulations limiting the entries in various age groups, the following relevant age group definitions apply for the 2017-18 Nationals:
Under 23 - for those seeking to enter using the under 23 standards must be born in 1996, 1997 or 1998
7. For those seeking to enter the Nationals by achieving the relevant event entry standard, the list of standards and the applicable qualifying periods can be found here: http://athletics.com.au/Compete/Rules-Technical-Information/Entry-Standards
8. The timetable for the 2018 Nationals is significantly different to recent years as all age group and open championships are being held togther in a single week. Please carefully check the timetable here: